News & Events
- December 11, 2010
Santa Claus visits the Republic Library
- September 22, 2010
Davis & Davis receives the Community Choice Award for being voted the No. 1 Attorney in Fayette County by the readers of the Herald-Standard
- Our firm has received the Community Choice Award for being voted the No. 1 Attorney in Fayette County by the readers of the Herald-Standard. This is the 14th time we have received this honor and we want to thank everyone who voted for our firm. We continually strive to provide the best representation possible for our clients. Thank you for your continued support.
- June 14, 2010
Samuel Davis completes LLM Program for Trial Advocacy 2010 at Temple University
- Below are photos of Samuel Davis and several classmates at he Temple University graduation for the LLM Program for Trial Advocacy 2010. The LLM is a Doctor of Laws Degree or in other words an advanced Law Degree.
- May 18, 2010
Davis & Davis to sponsor the Fayette Invitation Regional Scrabble Tournament
- We were proud to be the sponsor again for the Fayette Invitation Regional Scrabble Tournament held on May 14 at California University. There were 34 students in grades 4 through 12 that participated from Brownsville, Albert Gallatin, Ringgold, Central Greene and West Greene. The first and second place students in each grade were awarded a trophy. All the students received gift bags. Thank you to Lynne Reed from Brownsville School District who coordinated this event.
December 9, 2009
Representatives of Centra Bank present $50,000 to Penn State Fayette the Eberly Campus
- Representatives of Centra Bank presented $50,000 to Penn State Fayette the Eberly Campus for scholarships (from left) Ed Franczyk, Cebtra Bank president; Dr. Mallard George, Centra Bank board member; Chris Cluss, Centra Bank board chairman; Dr. Emmanuel Osagie, PSU Fayette chancellor; and James davis Centra Bank board vice chairman. John F. Brothers/Herald-Standard
November 24, 2009
Spell Off 2009
The annual spelling bee sponsored by Davis & Davis was held on November 24, 2009 at Laurel Highlands High School. There were 4th and 5th grade students from 23 schools in Fayette County participating. The top ten students were:
1. Caleigh Hitchcock, - Grade 5 A. L. Wilson
2. Daniel Babyak - Grade 5 Central School - Frazier
3. Allison Bilohlavek - Grade 5 St. John the Evangelist
4. Christopher Sutton - Grade5 D. Ferd Swaney
5. Miranda Yocabet - Grade 5 Marshall
6. Justin Murphy - Grade 4 Friendship Hill
7. Lindsay Coville - Grade 5 George Plava
8. Ashton Zimcosky - Grade 5 Cox Donahey
9. Kylie Huffman - Grade 5 California Elementary
10. Julia Gaggiani - Grade 5 St. John the Evangelist
The top ten students received cash prizes. All students received gift bags which included t-shirts and certificates. The contest was filmed by HSTV and will air on Channel 19 (Atlantic Broadband).
Judges for this year's contest were Joel Chisler, Owner of Brothers Lazer Service; Sally Bryan, Vice President , Private Banking Centra Bank, and Paul Bortz, Realtor, Coldwell Bank/Laurel Ridge Realty. Master of Ceremonies were Samuel J. Davis, Esquire and Jeremy J. Davis, Esquire. The words were given by Cara C. Davis, Esquire.
- Dear Mr. Davis,
I want to thank you greatly for providing the resources to California University of PA's Upward Bound program for the Davis & Davis Scholarship. I was selected as the Davis & Davis Scholarship recipient for the Greene County project. You are helping me accomplish my dreams of graduating college and perhaps even getting my Masters.
I don't know if you know much about me, but I have just recently graduated Waynesburg Central High School (WCHS). I am matriculating to California University of PA in the fall. My intended major is Environmental Sciences. With the awarded scholarship, I plan on making it through college in four years of less if possible. Once again I wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the scholarship and helping me on my way to accomplishing my goals.
Kala R. Davis