Frequently Asked Questions About Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

Here are a few of the questions we receive often from those injured in car crash or another wreck.

How Long Do I Have After An Accident To Bring A Lawsuit Against The Other Driver?

Under Pennsylvania law, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim in a motor vehicle accident.

How Should I Deal With The Insurance Companies?

Insurance company representatives have their own interests in quickly settling your claims. Representatives from your own insurance company and from the other party's insurance company will attempt to contact you for a statement regarding the accident. These insurance companies are not on your side and talking to them could possibly hurt your case. Oral promises from a representative are not binding, and no conversations are "off the record."

Even if a representative seems friendly, they are likely trying to charm you into divulging information that they can use to weaken your claim. Anything that you tell a representative can be used against you. Promises of saving you attorney's fees are often misleading as a quick settlement may compromise your right to the money you deserve. A personal injury lawyer will deal with the insurance companies on your behalf and help you recover damages for things like loss of income, pain and suffering, and damage to your car and other property.

How Do I Pay For A Personal Injury Lawyer?

At Davis & Davis Attorneys At Law, a partner will personally meet with you for a free consultation. Personal injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. You pay no attorney fees until we recover a monetary award for you.

The Medical Bills Are Piling Up. How Do I Pay For Them While A Lawsuit Is Pending?

For serious injuries, the costs of recovery can be staggering. There is the initial care, surgeries and treatments as well as rehabilitative therapy. Our attorneys can help you work with your medical provider while you are in the process of seeking damages.

What If The Other Driver Didn't Have Insurance?

Find out if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage through a free consultation with one of our lawyers. We will also review your tort option. Read more about full tort insurance vs. limited tort.

Contact Our Law Firm For More Information And A Free Consultation

If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you probably have many questions. Since 1976, Davis & Davis Attorneys At Law has been guiding individuals and families through legal issues in Uniontown and throughout Fayette County. When you're hurt, we're here to help. Call 724-437-2799, or use our online contact form to send us an email.