What Are Personal Injury Claims?

A personal injury occurs when a person suffers an injury as the result of an accident. The injury can be either physical or psychological and can come from many forms, including an injury from:

  • A motor vehicle accident
  • An accident at work
  • A slip and fall
  • A dog bite
  • A defective product
  • Any injury caused to you or a loved one by someone else's negligence or fault
  • A motorcycle accident

Personal injury claimants are often entitled to financial compensation for their injury and for losses attributed to that injury, including lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and property damage.

If your injury is the result of another party's negligence or fault, you should contact the personal injury lawyers at Davis & Davis Attorneys At Law at 724-437-2799, or use our online contact form to send us an email. We will help you make a determination as to whether or not your injury should be pursued through a personal injury claim.

What Should I Do If I'm Injured At Work?

First, you should report the injury to your employer as soon as possible because your claim can be denied if you don't report within the required time period. Employers are required to provide workers' compensation coverage to their employees. Pennsylvania law allows an injured worker to collect lost wages and medical expenses. The law covers injuries from work-related incidents, including injuries arising from your employment, pre-existing injuries that are aggravated because of your employment and illnesses that are caused by your work, such as carpal tunnel syndrome.

If a doctor places you on a medical leave for more than seven days, you can file a claim to begin receiving workers' compensation wage loss benefits.

Finally, your employer will either accept or deny your workers' compensation claims. If your employer denies responsibility for your injuries caused at work then it is essential to seek legal help in fighting for the compensation you deserve.

Call us for a free consultation: 724-437-2799 .

What Should I Do If I'm Bitten By A Dog?

In Pennsylvania, dogs are required to be reasonably controlled by their owners at all times. This requirement includes confining a dog within the owner's property or restraining a dog by a leash and collar. If you are injured by a dog attack, call us for a free consultation.

What Should I Do If I'm Injured By A Defective Product?

Products liability arises when a seller or manufacturer places a harmful or defective product into the hands of a consumer. Whether the defect is found in the design, manufacturing or marketing of the product, you have a right to recover for your injuries. Defective products range from children's toys, elevators and prescription drugs, to lawn mowers, forklifts and automobile parts (including seat belts, tires and brakes).

Products liability lawsuits help to protect the public from future harm caused by poorly designed or negligently manufactured products.

What Should I Do If I'm Injured In A Motorcycle Accident?

Motorcycle accidents can cause devastating injuries. Drivers who are already distracted many times do not see motorcyclists. If you or someone you love has been injured, call us to discuss the possibility of a claim.

Contact Us

We invite you to call the attorneys at Davis & Davis Attorneys At Law in Uniontown at 724-437-2799, or use our online contact form to send us an email.